Thanks for looking! We specialize in customized gift items for the entire family! From boutique burpcloths to personalized koozies to luxurious spa slippers! I enjoy sharing some of my projects with all of our friends and family. Please feel free to browse our website at http://www.dezignsbykarla.com/

Thursday, January 3, 2008

One Full Year!!!

In January 2007 I became the proud owner of my first embroidery machine! One year later I have to say that it was an awesome decision! I thoroughly enjoyed the first year of my new business! I want to thank all my friends and family members who have been so supportive and have made sure that they tell everyone they know about me and my products.

This Christmas season was awesome for me! I was busier than a bumblebee but, I learned lots of new things and I feel ready to take on the next year!!! I have to give tons and tons of credit and gratitude first to my wonderful husband! He has been 100% supportive of my efforts and one of my biggest advertisers everywhere we go! During the holiday season, when I would get the guilties for not being with him and the kids for a few hours, he would be the first to say "go, do what you need to do, the kids and I will be OK". And you know what? They were! I worked on Christmas gifts for clients and family right up to the Saturday before Christmas. Then I covered my machines, cleaned my sewing space, and we left to spend some quality time with both sides of the family and all of the children for Christmas.

Believe it or not, until last night, I had not turned on either machine since we got back on the 26th. It was a much needed and gratifying break!!! I have enjoyed some time with Shawn..watching football of course! And the kids have been enjoying all their Christmas goodies!!!

However, last night I got a whim and turned "her" back on to work on a pillow for Bailey. I told Shawn it is all downhill from here...cause I am back in the groove!!!

I still have lots of ideas for things to do to improve the website and I have spent some time on that this past week. I like the current look, it is modern with clean lines, yet still fun and kind of funky!!! (yes, just like me!!!)

So once again, thank you to everyone! I am looking forward to expanding my product lines, especially the purses, in 2008. I know I have dedicated friends and family that will be there with me through this next year and I can not wait to see what it brings!!

P.S....Bailey got a sewing machine for Christmas..so she will be the next obsessed one in the house!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl - you hvae come so far this year!!! Your business has grown so much in such a short time! The website is looking amazing! I can't wait to get out of the Christmas hole, so I can buy myself some stuff!!